We have all been there with sinus infections, sore throats, and some of us with pneumonia.
Antibiotics can do a good job getting rid of the infection; however, antibiotics can make us more vulnerable to opportunist organisms (e.g., Clostridium difficile that causes diarrhea), and disrupt our delicately balanced microbiome in the GI, urogenital, and mouth, causing discomfort in our stomach, constipation or diarrhea, leaky gut, yeast infections, oral thrush and more.
Research finding direct us toward the exact supplemental strategy to offset antibiotics right from the start Cavanagh et al., 2003).
The secret ingredient? The combination of polyphenols and probiotics.
Polyphenols and probiotics work together as one of the best exacting protocols (Goldenberg et al., 2017; Kawabata et al, 2019) to balance gut microbiota– the community of organisms that live in our gut. Polyphenols are actually the preferred food of probiotic organisms!
Even more so, research studies show that these extra potent polyphenols stimulate of the growth of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria while inhibiting that of pathogenic bacteria (Cavanagh et al., 2003).
The High ORAC Synbiotic is a comprehensive post antibiotic, with polyphenols from powerful extracts of berries and fruit including Grape Seed Extract, Wild Blueberry, Quercetin, Resveratrol, Wild Bilberry, Cranberry, Tart Cherry, Prune, Raspberry Seed, Strawberry. The Total ORAC assay at 40,000 per capsule – the highest on the market.
High ORAC has it all – polyphenols, probiotics, prebiotics, and supernatant or postbiotics (Maguire & Maguire 2019). The perfect post or even during antibiotic therapy.
- Cani, P.D., Delzenne, N.M. (2011). The gut microbiome as therapeutic target. Pharmacol Ther, 130(2), 202-12.
- Cavanagh, H. M., Hipwell, M., & Wilkinson, J. M. (2003). Antibacterial activity of berry fruits used for culinary purposes. Journal of medicinal food, 6(1), 57-61.
- Goldenberg, J. Z., Yap, C., Lytvyn, L., Lo, C. K. F., Beardsley, J., Mertz, D., & Johnston, B. C. (2017). Probiotics for the prevention of Clostridium difficile‐associated diarrhea in adults and children. The Cochrane Library.
- Kawabata, K., Yoshioka, Y., & Terao, J. (2019). Role of intestinal microbiota in the bioavailability and physiological functions of dietary polyphenols. Molecules, 24(2), 370.
- Maguire, M., & Maguire, G. (2019). Gut dysbiosis, leaky gut, and intestinal epithelial proliferation in neurological disorders: towards the development of a new therapeutic using amino acids, prebiotics, probiotics, and postbiotics. Reviews in the Neurosciences, 30(2), 179-201.
To your health,
We have developed our products based on scientific research and/or the practical experience of many healthcare practitioners. There is a growing body of literature on food based nutrition and supplements and their application in support of our health. Please use our products under the advisement of your doctor.
The Game Changer, produced by James Cameron et al., is a revolutionary new documentary about meat, protein and strength.
It is an absolute must see. You’ll find it on Netflix.
©2005 – 2019 BioImmersion Inc. All Rights Reserved