The holidays have become quite the stress inducing events, and with more sugar and fat in our diets, possibly a bit more alcohol to celebrate, and the shopping (and worrying about finances), on top of our regular jobs... it all adds up to a recipe for one heck of a nasty cold or flu.
I know - I had a budding sore throat and from there a huge cold right after thanksgiving. And what did I do?
Twice daily. I opened up one capsule and mixed in a half cup of water with one teaspoon of the No 7. I let it sit for a half a minute so the two enzymes in the garlic can react, and drank slowly.
The sore throat was gone in a few hours and the cold in two and a half days. Not bad!
So let's take care of ourselves!
Small amounts of garlic a few times a week can do wonders for your immune system.
As you know from our emails - Scientists have been suggesting for the past two years garlic to strengthen the immune system against SARS-CoV-2 (Chakraborty, 2020).
Yes, garlic is an excellent therapeutic food against sore throat, colds, and the flu, let alone other nasty pathogens.
No 7 Systemic Booster has a powerful collection of polyphenols from fruits, berries, greens, and veggies plus 10 potent probiotics and their supernatant. We also added a variety of nutraceuticals such as B12, Folate, Chromium, Vitamin D, and our famous Fructo Borate.
Perfect combination to boost the immune system, give you more energy, create equilibrium in your microbiome, and protect against infections.
Garlic: Broad Antimicrobial Support
- Buford, T. W. (2017). (Dis) Trust your gut: the gut microbiome in age-related inflammation, health, and disease. Microbiome, 5(1), 80.
- Chakraborty, D., & Majumder, A. (2020). Garlic (Lahsun)–an immunity booster against SARS-CoV-2. Biotica Research Today, 2(8), 755-757. Article
- Donma, M. M., & Donma, O. (2020). The effects of allium sativum on immunity within the scope of COVID-19 infection. Medical hypotheses, 144, 109934. Abstract
- De, L.C., De, T., 2020. Protective Foods to Develop Immunity of Individuals against COVID 19. Biotica Research Today. 2(5): 287-290.
- Iskra, R., & Antonyak, H. (2018). Chromium in Health and Longevity. In Trace Elements and Minerals in Health and Longevity (pp. 133-162). Springer, Cham. Abstract
- Pandey, P., Khan, F., Kumar, A., Srivastava, A., & Jha, N. K. (2021). Screening of potent inhibitors against 2019 novel coronavirus (Covid-19) from Allium sativum and Allium cepa: An in silico approach. Biointerface Res Appl Chem, 11(1), 7981-93. Article
- Periandavan, K., & Velusamy, P. (2018). Role of Phytochemicals in Eliciting Longevity Genes. In Molecular Basis and Emerging Strategies for Anti-aging Interventions(pp. 267-279). Springer, Singapore. Abstract
- Vitetta, L., Briskey, D., Alford, H., Hall, S., & Coulson S. (2014). Probiotics, prebiotics and the gastrointestinal tract in health and disease. Inflammopharmacology, DOI: 10.1007/s10787-014-0201-4. Article
We have developed our products based on scientific research and/or the practical experience of many healthcare practitioners. There is a growing body of literature on food based nutrition and supplements and their application in support of our health. Please use our products under the advisement of your doctor.
Food Revolution Network is committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, with more than 500,000 members and with the collaboration of many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times, Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
©2005 - 2022 BioImmersion Inc. All Rights Reserved.