Dysbiosis, Probiotics, and Plants
Who proclaimed first that “All disease begins in the gut”? The first three that will answer correctly, or close enough, will receive the Original Synbiotic formula!
In this day and age medical science with its focus on the human GI tract microbiome and a whole food plant-based diet seems to be calling forth similar sentiments.
Dr. Francis Collins, director of NIH, in a talk entitled Supercharging Science for the Superorganism, said that we are a chimera-like creature, governed by our 10 trillion human cells and their 22,000 genes and the microbiome community in the GI tract — all 100 trillion of them with their 2 to 8 million genes (2015).
Possemier et al. (2010) has said it well when his team suggested we consider the complex microbial ecosystem in our intestines as a separate organ within the body.
Martinez et al (2017) weighed in on this with their research paper entitled- Western diets, gut dysbiosis, and metabolic diseases: Are they linked? And indeed dysbiosis from Western diets is believed to be one of the reason obesity afflicts 36.5% of the US population and 600 million individuals world-wide.
The World Health Organization (WHO), Harvard Medical School, Kaiser Permantente, just to name a few, are all calling for a change of our dietary habits to one that focuses on a whole food plant based diet. Did you also know that probiotics love plants’ fiber and polyphenols? Plants are their most important source of food, and plants are also our most important source of foods.
See below in Green Facts the teaser on the new documentary by Cameron, The Game Changers.
At BioImmersions, we focus on probiotics, plant polyphenols, fiber, and phytonutrients of eco-farmed or wildcrated whole foods. Our supplements are powerfully concentrated. We all recognize that it is difficult to change a diet that we are addicted to. Here are two of our products that can make a big difference in the health of your gut microbiome, which translates to health in the whole body.
Phyto Power– 1 capsule daily
- Three species of Rosehip, wildcrafted, whole fruit and seeds (100% w/w), refractory dried, three Rosa species, 200mg per capsule.
- Four species of Dandelion, wildcrafted, aerial parts (90% w/w), root (10% w/w) with flower, refractory dried, four Taraxacum species, 200mg per capsule.
- Four species of Blueberry, wildcrafted, fruit (>90% w/w), leaves and stem (<5% w/w), refractory dried, four Vaccinium species, 100mg per capsule.
Original Synbiotic: 1 tsp. daily
20 billion cfu/tsp of certified strains of pedigreed probiotic with Therapeutic Foods in a synbiotic formula of L. acidophilus, B. longum, L. rhamnosus, L. plantarum, S. thermophilus and 4 grams of inulin derived from organic chicory fiber. Advanced freeze-drying technology. 120 grams/bottle. 4 grams/ tsp. Dairy free. Soy free. Gluten free. No excipients.
- Martinez, K. B., Leone, V., & Chang, E. B. (2017). Western diets, gut dysbiosis, and metabolic diseases: Are they linked?. Gut microbes, 8(2), 130-142. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19490976.2016.1270811?src=recsys
- Moco, S., Martin, F. P. J., & Rezzi, S. (2012). Metabolomics view on gut microbiome modulation by polyphenol-rich foods. Journal of proteome research, 11(10), 4781-4790. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/pr300581s
- Possemiers, S., Bolca, S., Verstraete, W., & Heyerick, A. (2011). The intestinal microbiome: a separate organ inside the body with the metabolic potential to influence the bioactivity of botanicals. Fitoterapia, 82(1), 53-66. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0367326X10001899?via%3Dihub
We have developed our products based on scientific research and/or the practical experience of many healthcare practitioners. There is a growing body of literature on food based nutrition and supplements and their application in support of our health. Please use our products under the advisement of your doctor.
The Game Changers- a teaser for this documentary by James Cameron
“What I discovered was so revolutionary, with such profound implications for performance, health, and the future of the planet itself, that I had to share it with the world.” Quote from James Wilks
©2005 – 2018 BioImmersion Inc. All Rights Reserved