34 Vegetables Tested Against Cancer… and the Winners Are?
Globally about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer (World Health Organization, WHO, 2018, Cancer Statistics). Yet some of the most common vegetables offer us the best protection against cancer.
Boivin et al., (2009) evaluated the inhibitory effects of extracts isolated from 34 vegetables on the proliferation of 8 different tumor cell lines: breast cancer, brain tumors, kidney cancer, lung cancer, childhood brain tumors, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer and stomach cancer. As you can see in their bar graphs the winners were the Allium family and the Cruciferous family. Of those two groups garlic and broccoli were the leaders respectively in inhibiting the proliferation of all tested cancer cell lines.
Order now: Organic garlic.
Each capsule contains very high allicin potential, the anticancer molecule.
Recommended dose for the Organic Garlic: 1-2 capsules daily.
Order now: Glucosinolates and Sulforaphanes (Organic broccoli sprouts)
Each capsule contains high levels of sulforaphane potential, broccoli’s anticancer molecule.
Recommended dose for the Organic Broccoli Sprouts: 1-2 capsules daily.
- Boivin et al. (2009). Antiproliferative and antioxidant activities of common vegetables: A comparative Study. Food Chemistry; 112(20): 374-380. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308814608006419
- Durairaj, S., Srinivasan, S., & Lakshmanaperumalsamy, P. (2009). In vitro antibacterial activity and stability of garlic extract at different pH and temperature. Electronic Journal of Biology, 5(1), 5-10. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.620.9139&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Kensler, T. W., Egner, P. A., Agyeman, A. S., Visvanathan, K., Groopman, J. D., Chen, J. G., … & Talalay, P. (2012). Keap1–nrf2 signaling: a target for cancer prevention by sulforaphane. In Natural Products in Cancer Prevention and Therapy(pp. 163-177). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Kodali, R. T., & Eslick, G. D. (2015). Meta-analysis: Does garlic intake reduce risk of gastric cancer?. Nutrition and cancer, 67(1), 1-11. (https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01635581.2015.967873)
- Sivam, G. P., Lampe, J. W., Ulness, B., Swanzy, S. R., & Potter, J. D. (1997). Helicobacter pylori—in vitro susceptibility to garlic (Allium sativum) extract. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9121937
- WHO (World Health Organization) Cancer Statistics, Sept. (2018).
- Zhang, Y., & Tang, L. (2007). Discovery and development of sulforaphane as a cancer chemopreventive phytochemical. Acta pharmacologica Sinica, 28(9), 1343-1354.
Best to you,
We have developed our products based on scientific research and/or the practical experience of many healthcare practitioners. There is a growing body of literature on food based nutrition and supplements and their application in support of our health. Please use our products under the advisement of your doctor.
Is there hope for us coming together as one people with nature? Yes!!!
Listen to the music/Tom Johnston (the Doobie Brothers)/Playing for Change