Bladder infections can become a chronic condition that requires more and more antibiotics, without seeing a long-term resolution. Living with an irritated and at times painful bladder is very oppressive.
Cranberries and pomegranates have high concentrations of polyphenols with compounds that inhibit pathogenic invaders, such as E. coli and staphylococcus aureus, two known bacteria that cause bladder infections (Bader et al., 2017; Pagliarulo et al., 2016).
Cranberries have excellent antimicrobial properties that inhibit and manage UTIs (Jensen et al., 2017), while Pomegranates contain 124 different phyto-nutrients and a high concentration of polyphenols that wield an inhibitory effect on pathogenic Staphylococcus aureus. Pomegranates have enjoyed an exalted status since ancient times (Pagliarulo et al., 2016; Parseh et al., 2012).
Together with the “anti-infective activities” of lactobacillus strains (Liévin-Le Moal et al., 2014), and especially for recurrent UTIs (Manzoor et al., 2016), the probiotics, Supernatant and MicroRNAs, add a potent antimicrobial supports to a healthy urogenital system.
Suggested use: 2-4 capsules twice to three times a day for two days, and then lower the dose to 1-2 a day, or as needed.
- Bader, M. S., Loeb, M., & Brooks, A. A. (2017). An update on the management of urinary tract infections in the era of antimicrobial resistance. Postgraduate medicine, 129(2), 242-258.
- Jensen, H.D., Carsten, S., Christensen, S.B., & Krogfelt, K.A. (2017). Cranberry juice and combinations of its organic acids are effective against experimental urinary tract infection. Front Microbiol, 8, 542.
- Liévin-Le Moal, V., & Servin, A. L. (2014). Anti-infective activities of lactobacillus strains in the human intestinal microbiota: from probiotics to gastrointestinal anti-infectious biotherapeutic agents. Clinical microbiology reviews, 27(2), 167-199.
- Manzoor, A., Ul-Haq, I., Baig, S., Qazi, J. I., & Seratlic, S. (2016). Efficacy of locally isolated lactic acid bacteria against antibiotic-resistant uropathogens. Jundishapur journal of microbiology, 9(1).
- Pagliarulo, C., De Vito, V., Picariello, G., Colicchio, R., Pastore, G., Salvatore, P., & Volpe, M. G. (2016). Inhibitory effect of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) polyphenol extracts on the bacterial growth and survival of clinical isolates of pathogenic Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. Food chemistry, 190, 824-831.
- Parseh, H., Hassanpour, S., Emam-Djome, Z., Lavasani, A. S., Mahmoodabady, H. Z., CHabok, M., … & Ghahsareh, A. M. (2012, April). Antimicrobial properties of Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) as a Tannin rich Fruit: a review. In The 1st International and The 4th National Congress on Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture. Iran.
To your health,
We have developed our products based on scientific research and/or the practical experience of many healthcare practitioners. There is a growing body of literature on food based nutrition and supplements and their application in support of our health. Please use our products under the advisement of your doctor.
The Game Changer, produced by James Cameron et al., is a revolutionary new documentary about meat, protein and strength.
It is an absolute must see. The link above will connect you to their home page.
©2005 – 2019 BioImmersion Inc. All Rights Reserved