Cranberry Pomegranate: Difficult to Treat Chronic Bladder Infection
Bladder infections can become a chronic condition that requires more and more antibiotics, without seeing a long-term resolution. Living with an irritated and at times painful bladder is very oppressive.
The advanced Cranberry Pomegranate Synbiotic formula is a marvel for UTI care, a powerhouse of goodness for for bladder, prostate, and kidney health.
Cranberries and pomegranates have high concentrations of polyphenols with compounds that inhibit pathogenic invaders, such as E. coli and staphylococcus aureus, two known bacteria that cause bladder infections (Bader et al., 2017; Pagliarulo et al., 2016).
Cranberries have excellent antimicrobial properties that inhibit and manage UTIs (Jensen et al., 2017), while Pomegranates contain 124 different phyto-nutrients and a high concentration of polyphenols that wield an inhibitory effect on pathogenic Staphylococcus aureus. In fact, Pomegranates have enjoyed an exalted status since ancient times (Pagliarulo et al., 2016; Parseh et al., 2012).
The Cranberry Pomegranate formula has high potency concentrates of organic cranberries and extracts of pomegranates. The “anti-infective activities” of lactobacillus strains (Liévin-Le Moal et al., 2014) are effective for recurrent UTIs (Manzoor et al., 2016) and are mixed with BioImmersion’s renowned Super Blend of naturally occurring whole probiotics, expertly grown to retain their Supernatant and ORNs (oligoribonucleotides).
Suggested use: 2-4 capsules twice to three times a day for 3-4 days, and then lower the dose to 2 twice a day for a week, reduce to 1 twice a day, or as needed. We suggest a 6 weeks maintenance of 1-2 capsules a day.
- Bader, M. S., Loeb, M., & Brooks, A. A. (2017). An update on the management of urinary tract infections in the era of antimicrobial resistance. Postgraduate medicine, 129(2), 242-258.
- Jensen, H.D., Carsten, S., Christensen, S.B., & Krogfelt, K.A. (2017). Cranberry juice and combinations of its organic acids are effective against experimental urinary tract infection. Front Microbiol, 8, 542.
- Liévin-Le Moal, V., & Servin, A. L. (2014). Anti-infective activities of lactobacillus strains in the human intestinal microbiota: from probiotics to gastrointestinal anti-infectious biotherapeutic agents. Clinical microbiology reviews, 27(2), 167-199.
- Manzoor, A., Ul-Haq, I., Baig, S., Qazi, J. I., & Seratlic, S. (2016). Efficacy of locally isolated lactic acid bacteria against antibiotic-resistant uropathogens. Jundishapur journal of microbiology, 9(1).
- Pagliarulo, C., De Vito, V., Picariello, G., Colicchio, R., Pastore, G., Salvatore, P., & Volpe, M. G. (2016). Inhibitory effect of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) polyphenol extracts on the bacterial growth and survival of clinical isolates of pathogenic Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. Food chemistry, 190, 824-831.
- Parseh, H., Hassanpour, S., Emam-Djome, Z., Lavasani, A. S., Mahmoodabady, H. Z., CHabok, M., … & Ghahsareh, A. M. (2012, April). Antimicrobial properties of Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) as a Tannin rich Fruit: a review. In The 1st International and The 4th National Congress on Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture. Iran.
We have developed our products based on scientific research and/or the practical experience of many healthcare practitioners. There is a growing body of literature on food based nutrition and supplements and their application in support of our health. Please use our products under the advisement of your doctor.
Have you tune into the Rocky Mountain Institute. Their vision is a world thriving, verdant and secure, for all, for ever. Their mission is to drive the efficient and restorative use of resources. In particular to improve the quality of the air that we breathe. They are awesome!
©2005 - 2020 BioImmersion Inc. All Rights Reserved